Little League Baseball Regular Season and Tournament Pitching Rules
Age 11-12 85 pitches per day
Age 9-10 75 pitches per day
Age 7-8 50 pitches per day
Pitchers league age 14 and under must adhere to the following rest requirements:
- If a player pitches 66 or more pitches in a day, four (4) calendar days of rest must be observed.
- If a player pitches 51 - 65 pitches in a day, three (3) calendar days of rest must be observed.
- If a player pitches 36 - 50 pitches in a day, two (2) calendar days of rest must be observed.
- If a player pitches 21 - 35 pitches in a day, one (1) calendar day of rest must be observed.
- If a player pitches 1-20 pitches in a day, no (0) calendar day of rest is required.
**If a pitcher reaches a day(s) of rest threshold while facing a batter, the pitcher may continue to pitch until any one of the following conditions occurs:
1. That batter reaches base; 2. That batter is put out; 3. The third out is made to complete the half inning.
The pitcher will only be required to observe the calendar day(s) of rest for the threshold he/she reached during that at-bat, provided that pitcher is removed before delivering a pitch to another batter.
Note 1: A pitcher who delivers 41 or more pitches in a game cannot play the position of catcher for the remainder of the day.
Note 2: Any player, who has played the position of catcher in four (4) or more innings in a game, is not eligible to pitch on that calendar day.
Little League Pitching Guide